Scott Brady is the Vice President of Communications for Cariloha, based in Sandy, UT. He oversees all internal and external communications for the company. In 2007, at the height of economic crisis and recession, Scott was part of the team that helped develop and bring the eco-friendly and sustainable Cariloha retail brand to market. Despite the struggling economy, Cariloha flourished and continues to grow. Now the brand is the only company that features sustainable bamboo in all of its product lines.
In this episode Marjorie and Scott discuss:
- What makes bamboo sustainable.
- How bamboo compares to other fabrics we typically used in bedding, bath, and apparel products.
- The benefits of bamboo for people that use it.
- How to quickly make a big impact on the sustainability practices of a company of any size
Resources from Cariloha and Scott Brady:
- Cariloha resources:
- Facts and figures about farming bamboo – https://www.cariloha.com/sustainability/farm-to-fabric
- The many issues that are improved or solved by using bamboo instead of other crops or synthetics as textiles – https://www.cariloha.com/sustainability/comfy-way-to-save-the-world
- Pics of the actual manufacturing process! https://www.cariloha.com/sustainability/our-process
- WorldBamboo.net – a group of people, businesses, non-profit, institutions, and allied trade corporations that promote bamboo products for the sake of the environment and economy.
- IceBreaker.com – Sustainable Merino Wool Outdoor Clothing
- The Humane Gardener by Nancy Lawson (buy directly from the author at https://www.humanegardener.com/the-book/)
- Wear No Evil by Greta Eagan (buy directly from the author at http://www.fashionmegreen.com/book-1)
Connect with Cariloha:
- Website: http://cariloha.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/cariloha
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Cariloha/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/cariloha/
Connect with Marjorie Alexander:
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/asustainablemind/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/SustainableMind
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/asustainablemind/
- Website: https://www.asustainablemind.com