Suresh Ramdas, recently crowned Mr. Gay India 2019, is a fierce advocate for LGBTQ+ equality, especially in the corporate space. In this episode Suresh shares with us his journey of self-discovery, growing up in the Catholic Church while being surrounded by Hindu traditions, and how he navigated the world as a queer young adult. He also shares what led to the founding of Working With Pride, a resource group for queer people and allies in the corporate space.
Suresh is HP’s India LGBTQ Lead, and has 15+ years of experience in Customer Support and Diversity & Inclusion. He has completed the LGBTQ Executive Leadership Program from Stanford University, is a certified Diversity Professional, certified NLP Practitioner, and has co-facilitated a leadership program called Leading With Pride (LWP) for the LGBTQ+ community people that helps to build leaders for tomorrow. Suresh is also featured as 2019’s OUTstanding 50 LGBT+ Future Leader and his efforts towards gaining acceptance for queer individuals in the workplace is ever-expanding.
- Working with Pride (Suresh’s organization), learn more by contacting Suresh directly via social media. Links can be found below.
- The Genderbread Person by Sam Killermann. Genderbread.org
- Out & Equal is the premier organization working exclusively on LGBTQ workplace equality. OutAndEqual.com
- The Human Rights Campaign (HRC) is the largest national lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer civil rights organization in the US. The HRC envisions a world where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community. HRC.org
- Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) works through entertainment, news, and digital media to share stories from the LGBTQ community that accelerate acceptance. GLAAD.org
- ILGA WORLD is a worldwide 1690 member organizations from 164 countries campaigning for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex rights. ILGA.org
- The Straight for Equality program, created by PFLAG (Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays) was launched in 2007. This nationwide initiative expanded the organization’s efforts to include more people in the equality movement than ever before. StraightForEquality.org
Connect with Suresh Ramdas:
- Instagram: Instagram.com/suresh_r81
- LinkedIn: Linkedin.com/in/suresh-ramdas-he-him-his-a16b4110
- Twitter: Twitter.com/sureshramdas
Connect with Queer & Woo!